Workbook for Merrill’s Atlas of Radiographic Positioning and Procedures, 13e
This workbook has been developed to accompany Merrill’s Atlas of Radiographic Positioning and Procedures (commonly referred to as Merrill’s Atlas, or just Merrill’s). The chapters in this workbook are presented in the same order as the first 29 chapters of Merrill’s Atlas of Radiographic Positioning and Procedures. The workbook is also a useful companion to Mosby’s Radiography Online: Anatomy and Positioning for Merrill’s Atlas of Radiographic Positioning & Procedures. However, the material presented in this workbook can function as a useful review for any anatomy and positioning course or as a review for the certification exam. The exercises found in this workbook are designed to give you a thorough review of osteology, anatomy, physiology, arthrology, and radiographic examinations.
The chapters containing essential projections are divided into two sections: an anatomy section and a positioning section.
- The anatomy sections consist of various exercises such as labeling and identification diagrams, short-answer and multiple-choice questions, matching exercises, and crossword puzzles.
- The positioning sections include short-answer and multiple-choice questions, true-false statements, fillin- the-blank statements, matching exercises, identification exercises, and comparisons of standard radiographic projections.
- At the end of each chapter are self assessments in the format of multiple-choice questions that review the entire chapter
- Answers to the test questions and all exercises can be found on the Evolve site at http://evolve.elsevier.com/ MerrillsAtlas/
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- Terminology for imaging has been updated from film screen to digital
- Images were revised to demonstrate correct anatomic markers.
- Section headings were updated for improved organization.
- Selected images were replaced to match new images in the textbook.
- Several questions were revised to reflect content presented in textbook.
- Content for Chapter 24, “Pediatrics” updated to match new material in textbook.
- New questions were added to Chapters 11, 12, and 15.
- Cranial chapters have been consolidated for skull, facial bones, and paranasal sinuses.
Some of the radiographic projections included and described in Merrill’s Atlas are for reference purposes only and are no longer routinely performed in radiologic imaging facilities. Therefore we have chosen to focus on essential terminology, anatomy, and positioning information for the projections identified as necessary by the ARRT competencies, the Merrill’s Advisory Board, and the authors’ research. Some chapters of Merrill’s Atlas have limited radiographic applications or consist of radiographic procedures rarely performed today because of technological advances in adjunct medical imagery modalities (e.g., CT, magnetic resonance imaging, and sonography).
Because those chapters do not include radiographic examinations deemed essential for entry-level competency, this workbook provides only cursory coverage for those chapters.
This workbook is one of three learning aids for students. The review exercises and assessments in this workbook along with related exercises in Merrill’s Atlas and Mosby’s Radiography Online, and review of procedures in the Merrill’s Pocket Guide to Radiography will help students master the theory and concepts presented in the
|Download Ebook||Read Now||File Type||Upload Date|
|November 16, 2016|
Do you like this book? Please share with your friends, let's read it !! :)How to Read and Open File Type for PC ?