Understanding Business 12th Edition
Book PrefaceUnderstanding Business 12th Edition
Our experienced and diverse authors and long-tenured editorial team have created a product that meets the needs of nearly all classrooms, no matter the size, teaching modality, or learning objectives. The content is unmatched in depth, breadth, currency, and relevancy, and is presented in an extremely readable format for students with all learning styles. A wealth of technology solutions engages students, enriches learning, furthers understanding, and simplifies instructors’ assessment processes. Course supplements tightly align with chapter concepts and enhance retention, making instructors of all experience levels Grade-A rock stars. And unparalleled support from our digital faculty consultants helps ensure you and your students benefit from the full experience of what is now the gold standard in Introduction to Business classes. Nickels/McHugh/ McHugh, Understanding Business, 12th Edition does more than teach—it prepares students to create real impact on the world.
1. THE GOLD STANDARD IN RELEVANCY AND CURRENCY Real-world case studies—across nearly all industries and company sizes—ensure your students are apprised of the most current challenges businesspeople face today. From Brexit and ransomware to 3D printing and robo-advisors, you have access to numerous relevant samples that tie directly into chapter lessons. Plus with the option to take advantage of the From the News to the Classroom blog, you can enrich the learning experience with content that is updated multiple times each week and includes abstracts of relevant news stories, videos tied to chapter topics, and critical thinking questions that streamline your prep time and help create an ultra-current course.
2. THE GOLD STANDARD IN RESULTS-DRIVEN TECHNOLOGY Interactive learning tools increase teaching effectiveness and learning efficiency by facilitating a stronger connection between the course material and the modern student.
Where the Science of Learning Meets the Art of Teaching McGraw-Hill Connect is the leading online assignment and assessment solution that connects students with the tools and resources they need to achieve success. It also allows instructors to quickly and easily choose the content and assignments that will best emphasize the learning objectives they prefer to cover. The result is a customized course, rich with engaging presentations and activities that prepare students for the business world.
The First and Only Adaptive Reading Experience SmartBook creates a dynamic reading experience and personalizes content for each student, helping students master and retain foundational concepts. Tracking each student’s progress, it automatically assesses comprehension levels and delivers the content required to reinforce topics needing more attention. This continuously adaptive learning path is proven to accelerate learning and strengthen memory recall, all while providing instructors a turnkey tool that ensures students stay on track.
Bridging the Gap between Theory and Real Life
Having knowledge is the first step—and understanding how to apply that knowledge is what determines a person’s success in the working world. That’s why we provide an array of application exercises that are as educational as they are engaging.
Click-and-Drag exercises reinforce key models and processes, and demonstrate application-level knowledge. Video Cases allow students to observe and analyze key concepts as they are utilized by companies and organizations they know and recognize. Case analyses expose students to real-world scenarios and engage their critical-thinking and analysis skills. And 20-minute Mini-Simulations put students in the role of business professionals, allowing them to make decisions and learn from the results.
3. THE GOLD STANDARD IN TEACHING RESOURCES
Whether it’s your first or fortieth year teaching, you can benefit from a wealth of assessments and class-tested resources that simplify your evaluation process and enrich the learning experience.
• SmartBook, which holds students accountable for class preparation and engagement.
• Chapter quizzes that are prebuilt to cover all chapter learning objectives.
• Test bank that is by far the largest and most accurate collection of questions on the market, with over 300 questions per chapter.
• Application exercises reinforce concepts and facilitate application-level comprehension.
• Video assignments help explain difficult concepts and show business concepts in action in companies large and small.
• Mini-simulations allow students to immerse themselves in critical-thinking and problem-solving opportunities of realistic business scenarios.
• Business Plan Prep assignments support students building their semester project.
|Download Ebook||Read Now||File Type||Upload Date|
|May 6, 2019|
Do you like this book? Please share with your friends, let's read it !! :)How to Read and Open File Type for PC ?