Making Short Films, Third Edition: The Complete Guide from Script to Screen
This new edition still approaches the production process from the angle that the budget level can affect how you make your movie. The structure of this edition also remains pretty true to the first and second editions. Each chapter (with the exception of Chapter 1) examines each department on a production and covers what you can expect at the different budget levels. This is still best described as a reference book that shows you how to put a production together, but this time it expands to cover the development process on the front end and talks about marketing and distribution at the end. I also include an expanded chapter on important legal issues such as copyright, intellectual property, and fair use.
Here’s a list of what’s new:
- The Development Process—Covers the process of getting a film off the ground including acquiring a script, preparing a script agreement, and production agreement.
- The Executive Producer—A more detailed description of this position in various formats.
- Tax Incentives—Incentives were not touched on in previous editions. In this edition I explain what tax incentives are, defining the different kinds, who has them, and how they can work for you.
- Production Paperwork—Additions, including the weekly and daily deal memo.
- Working with SAG-AFTRA—Anyone who’s ever done a SAG-AFTRA show knows the process can be confusing. In this edition I lay all that out for you in a step-by-step process.
- The Digital Imaging Technician (DIT)—A detailed description of this position and how DITs work in prep, production, and post.
- Post-Production—Revised and updated with a look at the digital workflow.
- Set Safety—A new chapter on this important issue for filmmakers, which covers the role of the safety manager, safety checks, and numerous safety issues.
- There’s an App for That!—For most departments, I outline what kind of apps crew are using to support their work. Since apps change every day, I do not discuss specific apps; rather, I discuss functionality.
|Download Ebook||Read Now||File Type||Upload Date|
|EPub||June 21, 2019|
Do you like this book? Please share with your friends, let's read it !! :)How to Read and Open File Type for PC ?