Magic in Practice (Second Edition)
Book PrefaceMagic in Practice (Second Edition)
Many people have contributed to both editions of this book in a variety of ways—but none more so than Dr. Richard Bandler, without whom it, quite literally, would have been inconceivable. His insight, intellectual honesty and wisdom have combined to create one of the most significant tools for human development in the past century.
Apart from his work, which continues to inspire our own, we are hugely grateful for the support and encouragement he has given to the foundation and development of The Society of Medical NLP. The number of doctors, students, and allied health professionals who have had the opportunity to experience and advance the power and potential of this extraordinary technology and to pass on the benefits to their patients is growing, and will, we hope, continue to do so as the years go by.
We thank those many doctors, students, and allied health professionals who have entrusted us with their training, and we applaud their courage in seeking to explore beyond the edges of their known maps. The discoveries and experiences they report back to us are a constant source of inspiration and delight. We are delighted to feature some of their experiences in this new edition. Of special interest to us are those health professionals who, armed only with the information in the first incarnation of Magic in Practice, went out, tried some of the patterns for the first time, and achieved notable—sometimes extraordinary—results.
Our appreciation goes to those researchers whose work we cite in this book. While they have inspired us in our search for explanations for the theories and principles we discuss, and the mysteries of the body-mind system, human relationships, and health, we emphasize that any interpretation placed upon their work is ours alone. Our thanks, too, to those writers and thinkers who granted our requests to quote their words or reproduce their diagrams. To those who have not and were, for whatever reason, unable to respond to our requests, we would appreciate it if they contacted us so we can include credits in later editions.
We would particularly like to thank Georgina Bentliff who originally commissioned Magic in Practice for Hammersmith Press, and who has so bravely taken on this second edition.
Finally, thanks to Dr. Naveed Akthar for his tireless help and meticulous approach in helping to proof-read this edition.
- Title Page
- Comments on the Second Edition
- Foreword to the Second Edition
- Foreword to the First Edition
- Chapter 1 Towards Healing and Health: a solution-oriented approach
- Chapter 2 Stress and Allostatic Load: the hidden factor in all disease
- Chapter 3 Avoiding Compassion Fatigue: the dark side of empathy
- Chapter 4 Words that Harm, Words that Heal: neurolinguistics in the consultation process
- Chapter 5 Primes and Priming: the secret world of indirect influence
- Chapter 6 Structure, Process and Change: the building blocks of experience
- Chapter 7 Taming the Runaway Brain: three thinking tools
- Phase 1: Engagement
- Chapter 8 The Rules of Engagement: managing first impressions
- Phase 2: Alignment
- Chapter 9 The Uninterrupted Story: beyond the 18th second
- Chapter 10 The Clinical Questioning Matrix: eliciting quality data
- Phase 3: Reorientation
- Chapter 11 Accessing Patient Resources: the potential for change
- Chapter 12 The Symptom as Solution: when the body speaks
- Chapter 13 A Different Kind of Reason: entering the patient’s world
- Chapter 14 Getting to Where You Want to Go: directions, outcomes and goals
- Chapter 15 Thinking in Time: temporal language, permanent change
- Chapter 16 Medical NLP Algorithms for Change: steps to transformation
- Chapter 17 Hypnosis in Healing and Health: the language of influence
- Chapter 18 Coherence, Chaos and Octopus Traps: the presenting past
- Chapter 19 From ‘Functional’ to Functioning: restructuring dysfunctional states
- Chapter 20 Working with the Glyph: the shape of the unconscious mind
- Chapter 21 Re-patterning and Future-Pacing: making and maintaining change
- Chapter 22 Making Something of Your World: small changes, big returns
- Chapter 23 Nine Minutes and Counting: fast-tracking change
- Chapter 24 Communicating for Life: the way forward
- Appendix A In the Eye of the Storm: activating the Relaxation Response
- Appendix B The On-line Brain: cross-lateral exercises
- Appendix C Medical NLP Algorithm: managing pain
- Appendix D Strategies: the sequencing of experience
|Download Ebook||Read Now||File Type||Upload Date|
|EPub||July 22, 2019|
Do you like this book? Please share with your friends, let's read it !! :)How to Read and Open File Type for PC ?