Human Anatomy (8th Edition)
In this eighth edition of Human Anatomy, we have made a highly visual book even more visual in an effort to support student understanding of the intricacies of the human body. The new visuals are especially apparent in the new Spotlight Figures. Student learning is further supported by new highly visual and interactive activities in MasteringA&P®, the online homework, tutorial, and assessment system.
New to the Eighth Edition
To build on the strengths of previous editions while meeting the needs of today’s students, the author team and the publisher conducted student focus groups and gathered input from numerous instructors who teach the human anatomy course. The changes presented below reflect advancements resulting from the invaluable input of students and instructors.
• NEW Spotlight Figures are one- and two-page presentations that seamlessly integrate text and visuals to guide students through complex topics. With the explanations built directly into the illustrations, students can find everything they need to understand a topic in one place—with no page flipping. Students study the Spotlight Figures in the book, and then instructors can assign them in MasteringA&P. The 22 new Spotlight Figures are listed on the inside front cover of this book.
• NEW QR Codes in the chapters on the skeletal and muscular systems let students use their smartphones to link directly from figures in the book to figures in the Practice Anatomy Lab™ (PAL™) virtual anatomy program, giving students additional views to help them learn bones (Chapters 6 and 7) and muscles (Chapters 10 and 11).
• NEW Learning Outcomes on each chapter-opening page indicate to students what they should be able to do after studying the chapter. These Learning Outcomes are coordinated by number to the main chapter headings, creating a predictable one-to-one correspondence and allowing students to check their understanding by both Learning Outcomes and chapter topics. The Learning Outcomes correlate with the Concept Check questions that close out each main section and ask students to pause and check their understanding before moving to the next section. (The answers are at the back of the book.) Additionally, the assessments in MasteringA&P are organized by these Learning Outcomes, allowing instructors to assign homework, assess understanding, and demonstrate teaching results by Learning Outcomes.
• NEW Visual Study Outlines at the end of each chapter have memory-triggering visuals to help students remember chapter content.
• NEW MasteringA&P activities include the following:
• NEW Spotlight Figure Coaching Activities are highly visual, assignable activities designed to bring interactivity to the one- and two-page Spotlight Figure presentations in the book. Multi-part activities include the ranking and sorting types that ask students to manipulate the visuals.
• NEW Dynamic Study Modules help students acquire, retain, and recall information faster and more effectively than before. The modules are available as a self-study tool or can be assigned by the instructor. They can be easily accessed with smartphones.
• NEW Bone Videos (29 total) and Dissection Videos (16 total) Coaching Activities with hints and specific wrong answer feedback help students preview or review for lab exercises involving bone and dissection identification.
|Download Ebook||Read Now||File Type||Upload Date|
|January 18, 2015|
Do you like this book? Please share with your friends, let's read it !! :)How to Read and Open File Type for PC ?