Essentials of Understanding Psychology 12th Edition
INFORMING AND ENGAGING STUDENTS ON PSYCHOLOGICAL CONCEPTS
McGraw-Hill Education’s Connect® is a digital assignment and assessment platform that strengths the link between faculty, students, and course work, helping everyone accomplish more in less time. Connect Psychology includes assignable and assessable videos, quizzes, exercises, and interactivities, all associated with learning objectives. Interactive assignments and videos allow students to experience and apply their understanding of psychology to the world with fun and stimulating activities.
Using Connect Psychology, student can learn the course material more deeply and study more effectively than ever before.
At the lower end of Bloom’s taxonomy, students are introduced to Concept Clips, the dynamic, colorful graphics and stimulating animations that break down some of psychology’s most difficult concepts in a step-by-step manner, engaging students and aiding in retention. They are assignable and assessable in Connect or can be used as a jumping-off point in class.
Now with audio narration, the Twelfth Edition also includes nearly twenty new Concept Clips on challenging topics such as:
• Five Factors of Personality
• Biases and Heuristics
• Observational Learning
• Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivation
• Structures and Functions of the Brain
• Inductive and Deductive Reasoning
• Convergent and Divergent Thinking
• Drive Reduction Theory
At the higher end of Bloom’s taxonomy (analyze, evaluate, create), students can work through in-depth arguments to sharpen their critical thinking skills and prepare them to be more discerning consumers of psychology in their everyday lives. For each chapter, there are multiple sets of arguments accompanied by auto-graded assessments requiring students to think critically about claims presented as facts.
Related NewsFlash exercises, powered by Connect, tie current news stories to key psychological principles and learning objectives. After interacting with a contemporary news story, students are assessed on their ability to make the connection between real life and research findings. Cases are revisited across chapters, encouraging students to consider multiple perspectives. The Twelfth Edition includes current Newsflashes on topics such as transgender issues and locker room access, police shootings and flaws in eyewitness testimony, and the link between cognitive abilities and eating chocolate.
And, new Newsflashes will be added to Connect each semester. Interactivities, assignable through Connect, require students to engage with the content to practice and apply understanding. New activities include those for: Perspectives in Psychology, Correlations, Neurons, The Brain and Drugs, The Stages of Sleep, Levels of Processing, Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, Naturalistic Observation, Observational Learning, and Defense Mechanisms.
BETTER DATA, SMARTER REVISION, IMPROVED RESULTS Students study more effectively with Smartbook®.
• Make It Effective. Powered by Learnsmart, SmartBook creates a personalized reading experience by highlighting the most impactful concepts a student needs to learn at that moment in time. This ensures that every minute spent with SmartBook is returned to the student as the most value-added minute possible.
• Make It Informed. Real-time reports quickly identify the concepts that require more attention from individual students—or the entire class. SmartBook™ detects the content a student is most likely to forget and brings it back to improve long-term knowledge retention.
Students help inform the revision strategy.
• Make It Precise. Systematic and precise, a heat map tool collates data anonymously collected from thousands of students who used Connect Psychology’s Learnsmart.
• Make It Accessible. The data is graphically represented in a heat map as “hot spots” showing specific concepts with which students had the most difficulty. Revising these concepts, then, can make them more accessible for students.
|Download Ebook||Read Now||File Type||Upload Date|
|June 10, 2019|
Do you like this book? Please share with your friends, let's read it !! :)How to Read and Open File Type for PC ?