Essentials of MIS (11th Edition)
What’s New in This Edition
The 11th edition features all new opening, closing, and Interactive Session cases. The text, figures, tables, and cases have been updated through October 2013 with the latest sources from industry and MIS research.
• Chapter-opening cases have added new case study questions.
• More online cases: MIS Classic Cases, consisting of five outstanding cases from previous editions on companies such as Kmart or Blockbuster/Netflix, will be available on the book’s Web site. In addition, all of the chapter-ending cases from the previous edition (Ess10e) will be available online.
• The chapter on Ethical and Social Issues in Information Systems has been positioned earlier in the text as Chapter 4 to highlight the importance of this topic.
• Learning Tracks and Video Cases for each chapter are listed at the beginning of each chapter.
• Social Business: Extensive coverage of social business, introduced in Chapter 2 and discussed throughout the text. Detailed discussions of enterprise (internal corporate) social networking as well as social networking in e-commerce.
• Social, Mobile, Local: New e-commerce content in Chapter 10 describing how social tools, mobile technology, and location-based services are transforming marketing and advertising.
• Big Data: Chapter 6 on Databases and Information Management rewritten to provide in-depth coverage of Big Data and new data management technologies, including Hadoop, in-memory computing, non-relational databases, and analytic platforms.
• Cloud Computing: Expanded and updated coverage of cloud computing in Chapter 5 (IT Infrastructure), with more detail on types of cloud services, private and public clouds, hybrid clouds, managing cloud services, and a new chapter-ending case on Amazon’s cloud services. Cloud computing also covered in Chapter 6 (databases in the cloud); Chapter 8 (cloud security); Chapter 9 (cloud-based CRM); Chapter 10 (e-commerce); and Chapter 12 (cloud-based systems development ).
• Consumerization of IT and BYOD
• Internet of Things
• Visual Web
• Location analytics
• Location-based services (geosocial, geoadvertising, geoinformation services)
• Social graph, social marketing, social search, social CRM
• Building an e-commerce presence
• Mobile device management
• Responsive Web design
• Expanded coverage of business analytics including big data analytics
• Mobile and native apps
• Software-defined networking
• 3-D printing
• Quantum computing
|Download Ebook||Read Now||File Type||Upload Date|
|March 22, 2017|
Do you like this book? Please share with your friends, let's read it !! :)How to Read and Open File Type for PC ?