Electronic Principles, 8 Edition
Electronic Principles, eighth edition, continues its tradition as a clearly explained, in-depth introduction to electronic semiconductor devices and circuits. This textbook is intended for students who are taking their first course in linear electronics. The prerequisites are a dc/ac circuits course, algebra, and some trigonometry.
Electronic Principles provides essential understanding of semiconductor device characteristics, testing, and the practical circuits in which they are found.
The text provides clearly explained concepts—written in an easy-to-read conversational style—establishing the foundation needed to understand the operation and troubleshooting of electronic systems. Practical circuit examples, applications, and troubleshooting exercises are found throughout the chapters.
New to This Edition
Based on feedback from current electronics instructors, industry representatives, and certification organizations, along with extensive research, the proposed textbook revision for the eighth edition of Electronic Principles will include the following enhancements and modifi cations:
Textbook Subject Matter
• Additional material on LED light characteristics
• New sections on high-intensity LEDs and how these devices are controlled to provide effi cient lighting
• Introduction to three-terminal voltage regulators as part of a power supply system block function earlier in the textbook
• Deletion of Up-Down Circuit Analysis
• Rearranging and condensing Bipolar Junction Transistor (BJT) chapters from six chapters down to four chapters
• Introduction to Electronic Systems
• Increased multistage amplifi er content as it relates to circuit blocks that make up a system
• Addition material on “Power MOSFETs” including:
• Power MOSFET structures and characteristics
• High-side and Low-side MOSFET drive and interface requirements
• Low-side and High-side load switches
• Half-bridge and full H-bridge circuits
• Introduction to Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) for motor speed control
• Increased content of Class-D amplifi ers including a monolithic integrated circuit Class-D amplifi er application
• Updates to Switching Power Supplies Textbook Features
• Add to and highlight “Application Examples”
• Chapters written to be chapter independent or “stand on their own” for easy customization
Addition of a new Multisim Troubleshooting Problems section to all chapters using prebuilt Multisim circuits
• Addition of a new Digital/Analog Trainer System Problems section in many chapters
• Correlation to Experiments Manual addressing new experiments that utilize a systems approach
• Enhanced instructor supplements package
• Multisim circuit files located on the Instructor Resources section of Connect for Electronic Principles
|Download Ebook||Read Now||File Type||Upload Date|
|October 6, 2017|
Do you like this book? Please share with your friends, let's read it !! :)How to Read and Open File Type for PC ?