Electrical Power Systems Technology, Third Edition
Electrical Power Systems Technology (Third Edition) provides a broad overview of the production, distribution, control, conversion, and measurement of electrical power. The presentation method used in this book will allow the reader to develop an understanding of electrical power systems. The units of the book are organized in a systematic manner, beginning with electrical power production methods. The fundamentals of each major unit of the book are discussed at the beginning of the unit. These fundamentals provide a framework for the information that follows in each unit. The last unit has been expanded to include control devices.
This book deals with many important aspects of electrical power, not just with one or two areas. In this way, it will give the reader a better understanding of the total electrical power system—from the production of electricity to its conversion to other forms of energy. Each unit deals with a specific system, such as production, distribution, control, conversion, or measurement. Each system is broken down into subsystems. The subsystems are then explored in greater detail in the chapters that make up each unit.
In order to understand the contents of this book in depth, the reader should have a knowledge of basic electrical fundamentals. The mathematical presentations given are very simple and are used only to show the practical relationships that are important in electrical power system operation. This book is recommended as a textbook for an “electrical power” or “electrical generators and motors” course. It would be a suitable text for vocational-technical schools, community colleges, universities, and, possibly, some technical high school programs. Many illustrations are shown, to make the presentations that are given easier to understand. The content is presented in such a way that any reader should be able to learn a great deal about the operation of electrical power systems.
Stephen W. Fardo
Dale R. Patrick
Eastern Kentucky University
Richmond, KY 40475
UNIT I POWER MEASUREMENT SYSTEMS AND FUNDAMENTALS
- Chapter 1 Power Measurement Fundamentals
- Chapter 2 Power System Fundamentals
- Chapter 3 Power Measurement Equipment
UNIT II ELECTRICAL POWER PRODUCTION SYSTEMS
- Chapter 4 Modern Power Systems
- Chapter 5 Alternative Power Systems
- Chapter 6 Alternating Current Power Systems
- Chapter 7 Direct Current Power Systems
UNIT III ELECTRICAL POWER DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS
- Chapter 8 Power Distribution Fundamentals
- Chapter 9 Power Distribution Equipment
- Chapter 10 Single-Phase and Three-Phase
UNIT IV ELECTRICAL POWER CONVERSION SYSTEMS
- Chapter 11 Fundamentals of Electrical Loads
- Chapter 12 Heating Systems
- Chapter 13 Lighting Systems
- Chapter 14 Mechanical Systems
UNIT V ELECTRICAL POWER CONTROL SYSTEMS
- Chapter 15 Power Control Devices
- Chapter 16 Operational Power Control Systems
- Chapter 17 Control Devices
|Download Ebook||Read Now||File Type||Upload Date|
|January 24, 2016|
Do you like this book? Please share with your friends, let's read it !! :)How to Read and Open File Type for PC ?