Davis Drug Guide for Nurses
Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses, Twelfth Edition always puts safety first…emphasizing the information nurses need to know to administer medications competently and safely…across the lifespan. Well-organized monographs for hundreds of generic and thousands of trade name drugs reflect the latest FDA approvals and changes.
The TWELFTH EDITION at a glance…
- NEW and UPDATED CONTENT
- NEW! Free, 1-year subscription to Drug Guide Online (DrugGuide.com) featuring over 1,500 complete drug monographs, the latest FDA approvals, and much more.
- UPDATED! Thoroughly reviewed, revised, and updated monographs.
- UPDATED! Evidence-based content related to pharmacotherapeutics.
- UPDATED! Full-color insert, including photographs of “Tall Man,” high alert, and commonly seen drugs.
- NEW! Additional headings for special populations.
- EXPANDED! Herbal content.
- UPDATED! Cost information for 200 top drugs.
- UPDATED! Nursing diagnoses.
Patient safety and preventing medication errors
- More high-alert coverage and patient safety information than any other drug guide.
- Life-threatening side effects…
- most frequently encountered problems
- “do not confuse with,” “do not crush, break, or chew” medications
- how to avoid common errors, where appropriate.
- Drug-drug, drug-natural products, and drug-food interactions.
- How to administer medication safely by all routes, with information on…
- preparation and mixture of oral meds
- methods for parenteral administration, toxicity and signs of overdose
- dosing considerations for patients with renal or hepatic impairment
- much more!
- Thorough Patient and Family Teaching Guidelines.
- Well-structured and readable
- Organized by generic drug name, with an index that includes generic and trade names, classifications, combination drugs, and herbals.
- An engaging, easy-to-read style.
Safety 1st with Unique clinical and learing tools!
|Download Ebook||Read Now||File Type||Upload Date|
|June 13, 2013|
Do you like this book? Please share with your friends, let's read it !! :)How to Read and Open File Type for PC ?