CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment 2019 58th Edition
Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2019 (CMDT 2019) is the 58th edition of this single-source reference for practitioners in both hospital and ambulatory settings. The book emphasizes the practical features of clinical diagnosis and patient management in all fields of internal medicine and in specialties of interest to primary care practitioners and to subspecialists who provide general care.
Our students have inspired us to look at issues of race and justice, which surely impact people’s health. We have therefore reviewed the content of our work to ensure that it contains the dignity and equality that every patient deserves.
INTENDED AUDIENCE FOR CMDT
House officers, medical students, and all other health professions students will find the descriptions of diagnostic and therapeutic modalities, with citations to the current literature, of everyday usefulness in patient care.
Internists, family physicians, hospitalists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and all primary care providers will appreciate CMDT as a ready reference and refresher text. Physicians in other specialties, pharmacists, and dentists will find the book a useful basic medical reference text. Nurses, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants will welcome the format and scope of the book as a means of referencing medical diagnosis and treatment.
Patients and their family members who seek information about the nature of specific diseases and their diagnosis and treatment may also find this book to be a valuable resource.
NEW IN THIS EDITION OF CMDT
• New color figures throughout the book
• Rewritten section on pain management at the end of life
• Updated American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association (ACC/AHA) guidelines for treatment of valvular heart disease
• ACC consensus document providing decision pathway for use of transcatheter aortic valve replacement
• Extensively revised sections on long QT syndrome; AV block; and sinus arrhythmia, bradycardia, and tachycardia
• Rewritten section on atrial tachycardia
• Substantial revision of ventricular tachycardia management
• New algorithms for managing mitral regurgitation and heart failure with reduced ejection fraction
• New table outlining management strategies for women with valvular heart disease, complex congenital heart disease, pulmonary hypertension, aortopathy, and dilated cardiomyopathy
• New ACC/AHA and Hypertension Canada blood pressure guidelines
• New table outlining blood pressure values across a range of measurement methods (ie, home and ambulatory monitoring)
• New table comparing blood pressure treatment thresholds and targets in the 2017 ACC/AHA guidelines with the 2017 Hypertension Canada guidelines
• New FDA-approved medications for relapsing or refractory forms of leukemia
• Rewritten section on monoclonal gammopathy of uncertain significance
• New FDA-approved direct-acting oral anticoagulant
• Information regarding commercially available freeze-dried capsule fecal formulation for treatment of recurrent and refractory Clostridium difficile infection
• New FDA-approved medications for treatment of breast cancer
• Cancer Care Ontario and American Society of Clinical Oncology jointly published guidelines outlining adjuvant therapy plan for postmenopausal breast cancer patients
• Substantial revision of the targeted therapies for hormone receptor–positive metastatic breast cancer
• American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists support for considering use of low-dose aspirin to prevent preeclampsia
• Revised recommendations for treating hepatitis C virus–associated kidney disease
• New chronic tubulointerstitial disease called Mesoamerican nephropathy
• Detailed discussion of available treatment options for refractory trigeminal neuralgia
• New classification of epilepsy
• Updated information about treating spinal muscular atrophy
• Substantial revision of Psychiatric Disorders chapter
• New section on incidentally discovered adrenal masses
• Updated treatment section for classic Turner syndrome
• New FDA-approved integrase inhibitor for treatment of HIV-1 infection
• Extensive revision of Viral & Rickettsial Infections chapter
• New FDA-approved medication for gastric adenocarcinoma
• New colon cancer screening recommendations from the US Multi-Society Task Force
|Download Ebook||Read Now||File Type||Upload Date|
|Download Now here||Read Now
|EPub||February 5, 2019|
Do you like this book? Please share with your friends, let's read it !! :)
How to Read and Open File Type for PC ?