Cracking the AP Calculus AB Exam 2018, Premium Edition
PREVIEW: YOUR KNOWLEDGE, YOUR EXPECTATIONS
Your route to a high score on the AP Calculus AB Exam depends a lot on how you plan to use this book. Start thinking about your plan by responding to the following questions.
1. Rate your level of confidence about your knowledge of the content tested by the AP Calculus AB Exam:
A. Very confident—I know it all
B. I’m pretty confident, but there are topics for which I could use help
C. Not confident—I need quite a bit of support
D. I’m not sure
2. If you have a goal score in mind, highlight your goal score for the AP Calculus AB Exam:
5 4 3 2 1 I’m not sure yet
3. What do you expect to learn from this book? Highlight all that apply to you.
A. A general overview of the test and what to expect
B. Strategies for how to approach the test
C. The content tested by this exam
D. I’m not sure yet
YOUR GUIDE TO USING THIS BOOK
This book is organized to provide as much—or as little—support as you need, so you can use this book in whatever way will be most helpful for improving your score on the AP Calculus AB Exam.
• The remainder of Part I will provide guidance on how to use this book and help you determine your strengths and weaknesses.
• Part II of this book contains Practice Test 1, and its answers and explanations. (Bubble sheets can be downloaded as PDFs here.) We strongly recommend that you take this test before going any further, in order to realistically determine
- your starting point right now
- which question types you’re ready for and which you might need to practice
- which content topics you are familiar with and which you will want to carefully review
Once you have nailed down your strengths and weaknesses with regard to this exam, you can focus your test preparation, build a study plan, and be efficient with your time.
• Part III of this book will
- provide information about the structure, scoring, and content of the AP Calculus AB Exam.
- help you to make a study plan.
- point you towards additional resources.
• Part IV of this book will explore the following strategies:
- how to attack multiple-choice questions
- how to write a high scoring free-response answer
- how to manage your time to maximize the number of points available to you
• Part V of this book covers the content you need for your exam.
• Parts VI and VII of this book contain four additional Practice Tests, their answers and explanations, and an Appendix containing formulas you should know. If you skipped Practice Test 1, we recommend that you do all five (with at least a day or two between them) so that you can compare your progress between them. Additionally, this will help to identify any external issues: if you get a certain type of question wrong both times, you probably need to review it. If you only got it wrong once, you may have run out of time or been distracted by something. In either case, this will allow you to focus on the factors that caused the discrepancy and to be as prepared as possible on the day of the test.
You may choose to use some parts of this book over others, or you may work through the entire book. This will depend on your needs and how much time you have. Let’s now look at how to make this determination.
Register Your Book Online!
Part I: Using This Book to Improve Your AP Score
Part II: Practice Test 1
Part III: About the AP Calculus AB Exam
Part IV: Test-Taking Strategies for the AP Calculus AB Exam
1 How to Approach Multiple-Choice Questions
2 How to Approach Free-Response Questions
Part V: Content Review for the AP Calculus AB Exam
Unit 1: Differential Calculus Essentials
5 The Definition of the Derivative
7 Implicit Differentiation
Unit 1 Drill
Unit 2: Differential Calculus Applications
8 Basic Applications of the Derivative
9 Maxima and Minima
11 Exponential and Logarithmic Functions, Part One
12 Other Topics in Differential Calculus
Unit 2 Drill
Unit 3: Integral Calculus Essentials
13 The Integral
14 Definite Integrals
15 Exponential and Logarithmic Functions, Part Two
Unit 3 Drill
Unit 4: Integral Calculus Applications
16 The Area Between Two Curves
17 The Volume of a Solid of Revolution
18 Differential Equations
Unit 4 Drill
19 Solutions to Practice Problem Sets and Unit Drills
Part VI: Practice Tests 2 and 3
Part VII: Additional Practice Tests
About the Author
|Download Ebook||Read Now||File Type||Upload Date|
|EPub||August 17, 2019|
Do you like this book? Please share with your friends, let's read it !! :)How to Read and Open File Type for PC ?