Campbell Biology 2nd Canadian
We are honoured to present the Second Canadian Edition of Campbell BIOLOGY. For the last three decades, Campbell BIOLOGY has been the leading university text in the biological sciences. It has been translated into more than a dozen languages and has provided millions of students with a solid foundation in university-level biology. This success is a testament not only to Neil Campbell’s original vision but also to the dedication of thousands of reviewers, who, together with editors, artists, and contributors, have shaped and inspired this work.
Our goals for the Second Canadian Edition include:
• increasing visual literacy through figures, tutorials, and problems that guide students to a deeper understanding of
the ways in which figures represent biological structure and function.
• giving students a strong foundation in scientific thinking and quantitative reasoning skills
• inspiring students with the excitement and relevance of modern biology, particularly in the realm of genomics
Our starting point, as always, is our commitment to crafting text and visuals that are accurate, current, and reflect our passion for teaching and learning about biology.
New to This Edition
Here we provide an overview of the new features that we have developed for the Second Canadian Edition; we invite you to explore pagesfor more information and examples.
• Scientific Skills Exercises in every chapter use real data to help students learn and practise data interpretation, graphing, experimental design, and math skills. Scientific Skills Exercises have assignable, automatically graded versions in MasteringBiology.
• Interpret the Data Questions throughout the text engage students in scientific inquiry by asking them to interpret data presented in a graph, figure, or table. The Interpret the Data Questions can be assigned and automatically graded in MasteringBiology.
• The impact of genomics across biology is explored throughout the Second Canadian Edition with examples that reveal how our ability to rapidly sequence DNA and proteins on a massive scale is transforming all areas of biology, from molecular and cell biology to phylogenetics, physiology, and ecology.
• Synthesize Your Knowledge Questions at the end of each chapter ask students to synthesize the material in the chapter and demonstrate their big-picture understanding. A striking, thought-provoking photograph leads to a question that helps students realize that what they have learned in the chapter connects to their world and provides understanding and insight into natural phenomena.
• The impact of climate change is explored throughout the text, starting with an introduction in Chapter 1, and concluding with the Exploring Climate Change
• The Second Canadian Edition provides a range of new practice and Assessment Opportunities in MasteringBiology®. Besides the Scientific Skills Exercises and Interpret the Data Questions, Solve It Tutorials in MasteringBiology engage students in a multistep investigation of a “mystery” or open question. Acting as scientists, students must analyze real data and work through a simulated investigation. In addition, students can use the Dynamic Study Modules to study anytime and anywhere with their smartphone, tablet, or computer.
• Learning Catalytics™ allows students to use their smartphone, tablet, or laptop to respond to questions in class.
• As in each new edition of Campbell BIOLOGY, the Second Canadian Edition incorporates new content and organizational improvements. These are summarized on pp. xxv–xxvii, following this Preface. Additional contentupdates reflect rapid, ongoing changes in technology and knowledge in the fields of genomics, gene editing technology (CRISPR), and more.
|Download Ebook||Read Now||File Type||Upload Date|
|Download Now here||Read Now
|January 22, 2019|
Do you like this book? Please share with your friends, let's read it !! :)
How to Read and Open File Type for PC ?