Advances in Biometrics: Sensors, Algorithms and Systems
Biometrics technology continues to stride forward with its wider acceptance and its real need in various new security facets of modern society. From simply logging on to a laptop to crossing the border of a country, biometrics is being called upon to meet the growing challenges of identity management.
With contributions from academia and industry by leading international authorities in the field, this unique book presents a comprehensive treatment of biometrics and offers coverage of the entire gamut of topics in the field, including data acquisition, pattern-matching algorithms, and issues that impact at the system level, such as standards, security, networks, and databases. It has been organized under three sections: sensors, advances in biometric matching algorithms, and topics that deal with issues at the systems level.
• Includes new algorithmic advances, including physiological biometrics (face from video, iris at a distance) and behavioral (handwriting, voice) and a strikingly novel modality in headprint biometrics
• Contains new modalities for research, such as infrared and multispectral imaging
• Presents several chapters on the much overlooked area relating to the sensors themselves for the various biometric modalities
• Emphasizes the advances and cutting-edge technologies throughout
• Discusses systems level both from a human-factors point of view and the perspective of networking, databases, privacy and anti-spoofing
• Incorporates chapters devoted to touchless image capture, ultrasonic imaging and swipe methods
|Download Ebook||Read Now||File Type||Upload Date|
|Download here||Read Now||December 27, 2014|
Do you like this book? Please share with your friends, let's read it !! :)How to Read and Open File Type for PC ?