Simon & Schuster Handbook for Writers (9th Edition)
HOW TO USE THE SIMON & SCHUSTER HANDBOOK FOR WRITERS
The Simon & Schuster Handbook for Writers is designed to help you find what you need to become a better writer. You will find many features intended to highlight key concepts and develop your skills. We are confident that you will find the Simon & Schuster Handbook for Writers to be a useful tool for you throughout college and beyond.
• The detailed Overview of Contents starting on the inside front cover lists all parts and chapters in the book. Locate the specific topic you need to reference and then turn to the page indicated.
• A list of supplementary material available with this book can be found in the Preface.
• Quick Reference boxes, found throughout the text, highlight some of the most important issues that will come up as you write. You will also find them listed by subject in the Index.
• Documentation Source Maps are designed to clearly illustrate the process for citing different types of sources. Annotated replications of original sources are presented along with step-by-step guidelines. Color is used carefully to help students see where information is pulled from a source and then where it is placed in a citation.
• The Terms Glossary is an easy way to find the definitions for common writing-related terms. Words and phrases called out in SMALL CAPITAL LETTERS throughout the book can be found in the Terms Glossary.
• The Index provides quick and convenient navigation by topic, covering virtually everything in the book. Quick Reference boxes are also listed in the Index according to the topic they refer to.
• The one-of-a-kind Quick Card at the end of the book puts some of the most useful information on research and documentation in a portable format. Take the card to class, to the writing lab, or to the library for easy access to invaluable information.
• A list of Proofreading Marks and Response Symbols is provided on the inside back cover. Consult this list if your instructor uses revision and proofreading symbols when commenting on your writing. The sample composite page to the right illustrates features that help you navigate the Simon & Schuster Handbook for Writers.
|Download Ebook||Read Now||File Type||Upload Date|
||Read Now||January 10, 2017|
Do you like this book? Please share with your friends, let's read it !! :)How to Read and Open File Type for PC ?